General Servicing Instructions
Wiper Finger Replacement or Cleaning:
Casing halve split:
- Remove the upper handle casings by removing the 6 M2x20mm screws and nuts that hold the two halves together.
- Remove the two M2 Nuts and washers holding the element board in place.
- If you have the Throw adjust fitted to your controller, unscrew the adjust screw almost all the way out. (This will allow the throw adjustment bracket to move with the element board when you unplug it.)
- Gently unplug the Element board taking care with the 3-way connector at the top right.
- The wiper fingers and the under side of the element contacts will now be exposed for inspection and cleaning.
- Remove the M2x6mm countersink screw and washer from the pivot centre on the trigger. It will now be free to slide off.
- Pop the end of the return spring out of the tensioner cam arm to allow free movement of the trigger when removed.
- Slip the trigger off the pivot and remove the other M2x8mm countersink screw and nut holding the wiper fingers to the trigger and slide the wiper fingers off the trigger. (Sometimes they are quite a tight fit over the round locating pin)
- Fit the new wiper fingers and re-assemble in the reverse order.
- Fit the trigger back in place but not the return spring yet.
- plug the element board back in but don't fit the nuts and washers yet.
- Check that there is a spring feel trying to push the element up when you press gently down with your fingers.
- Holding down the element with your fingers check that the wiper fingers move freely with just the tip touching the element.
- Now you can fit the washers and M2 nuts to secure the element.
- Re fit the trigger mounting screw and washer.
- Re-connect the return spring.
UK Club Standard Positive Wiring.
Trigger Loop Wire:
For details on fitting this click the link for the .pdf download