Controllers are all manufactured with the standard MODE selected for each model.
You can change this at any time and details can be found below.
Scroll down to find the tab for MODES:
If you want a certain MODE set for you at the factory please choose it from the options described and write it in the section for notes at the checkout.
If you just want the standard version, please write the model of the controller in the section for notes at the checkout.
Certain models do not allow all the options.
Standard mode options
- MTI ... Start Speed
- MT II ... Curve (positive and negative with Linear in the middle)
- PWM II ... has no modes since the controls are on the handle.
- All Digital ... no modes since they are set to emulate the originals.
You can change these modes by simply changing the links and values as shown in the List of shorting solder links for different MODES shown below.
This Element enables you to clean the contacts without opening up the handle.
Simple application of a cleaning fluid on a cotton bud and fed through the air vents allows easy access to clean.
- Nickel/Gold finish on the contact board with Stainless Steel wiper Fingers.
- Comes with new Wiper Fingers for this version.
(Customer to assemble as per instructions below)
- Fits all models.... (Some need small modifications to allow them to fit)
List of shorting solder links for different modes.
The board is configurable via the little shorting links A, B, C & 1, 2, 3
Below is the list of mode options and the links required to be made along with components value changes or omissions.
** Take care not to short between the link points, particularly with A & B **
- Start Speed: VR1 Pot B20K. R40 4K7 0805. Omit R1. Link B, C, 2
- Curve Pos & Neg: VR1 Pot B20K. R40 4K7 0805. Link A, B, C, 3
- Curve Pos: VR1 Pot B20K. R40 4K7 0805. Link A, C, 3
- Curve Neg: VR1 Pot B20K. R40 4K7 0805. Link B, C, 3
- End Sens: VR1 Pot B1K. R40 150R 0805. Link A, C, 1
- Top Speed: Change VR1 Pot to B1K. R40 short 0805. Remove R18. Link A, 1
- Apply some switch cleaner/lubricant to the tip of a cotton bud.
- Feed the bud through the air vent slots to reach the element contact pads and wiper finger contacts.
- Wipe the cotton bud across the element pads all over avoiding pulling on the wiper contact fingers in case they bend.
- Operate the trigger several times wiping across the cleaned area so that it also cleans the wiper finger contact points.
- Repeat as necessary.