BP 1 Transistor Controller Kit
Easy to assemble. (Soldering skills are needed)
Designed to fit into the Parma Plus controller with Aluminium frame.
(Controller and Frame not provided with the kit)
- Brake adjustment
- Sensitivity adjustment
- POSITIVE or NEGATIVE track wiring.
(Simply fit the transistors to suit your track wiring)
- Running current 2A Maximum current 5A Peaks
Simple intuitive controls on the BP 1 make it easy to use and quick to adapt to your racing style, car, and track conditions.
Can be assembled for Positive or Negative wired tracks.
Ecurie Raceways Blog click here
For assembly Instructions click here
For animated Assembly click here
For assembly exploded view click here
For wiring details click here
A single rotary control sets the brake strength. The useful feature of this design is the that motor drives the brake circuit in such a way that the faster the car is going, the harder the brakes are applied. As the car slows, the brakes are gradually released to give very balanced and predictable control.
This adjusts the trigger wiper sensitivity to enable you to set the controller feel for any car or track condition. For those used to resistor controllers, it will feel as if the Ohms are adjustable from about 20 up to 60.
- Once you feel a scratchy operation or can hear squeaking then it is advisable to apply a small amount of switch Cleaner/Lubricant (such as Servisol Super 10) to the wiper contact board. This will keep it smooth, light and maintain the contact integrity
- If you have a carbon brush contact version, then just clean the element with lighter fluid. It is best not to have residual oil for lubricant because it builds up under the carbon brush.
- Be sure not to bend the cable at the exit of the handle. The wiring will break from metal fatigue after a while and cause intermittent operation. Wind the cable into a gentle coil and it will last.